Skip to main content

I'll Pass (G Blues): Steve Masakowski Solo

 Back to Masakowski again.  G Blues this time.  Years ago I lifted part of the chord solo (poorly) in the final chorus.  I always wanted to get back to the entire solo.  Some tricky double time passages in this one, but have seen some of these types of phrases in other solos.  That's the nice part of doing multiple solos from an artist.  An ok performance here, but probably could spend a few more days on some problem areas.  "I'll Pass" it on to you now... (oh..hahaha, my side).







Comments

  1. First of all Wow! That is just great. There is a year of work just in that solo. Played very well. The close up camera is really effective. I can't wait to jam with you over the blues. Makes me think of our next year of practice challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

There will never be another you: Chet Baker Solo

I have come to the conclusion that I stray too far from the melody when soloing.  This is a perfect example of melodic development and embellishment.  Very short, but great little solo.  Didn't put any great effort into the notation...  but oh well.

Cheesecake_Dexter Gordon

Love this one but still a work in progress. 80% speed...barely. A lifetime of work to take from this. I really need to go back and mine both Dexter solos for vocabulary....

May Madness: Like Someone In Love etc

 So this month was about working on taking some licks around the cycle and playing through Like someone in love as well as this short and sweet solo by John Patitucci on Like Someone in Love. I had some struggles notating the last 4 bars but really got a lot out of the solo especially the fast double time lick over Dmin7/ G7#5 at first ending. That is one of the licks I took around the cycle. Also kept playing previous solos from this year and worked on blues ideas. I am just posting the solo for now.